I have read a few articles and thought I would share a few ideas. I like it when someone takes complicated ideas and put them in a few simple steps. Here are 5 things to look for in an Advisor:
1. The Advisor talks openly and honestly about Risk.
2. Fees are transparent and easily seen. I love how Vest shows fees right on the main Advisory Page in the Quarterly Report.
3. The Advisor educates and wants you to understand as much as possible.
4. You meet regularly with your Advisor. For our advisory clients, I like to meet quarterly.
5. Goals are established and monitored on a regular basis. I love HD Vest 8 financial steps and the Vision Plan helps to identify and monitor goals.